Lofts come in many shapes and sizes (Loft Living). When you own or rent a loft with soaring ceilings, exposed brick/concrete and expansive space decorating can seem like a daunting task. I’ve included some pictures from BoConcept to give you inspiration. When decorating your loft I would consider following these simple suggestions:
- Focus on naturally creating space between rooms
- Add color. This can include art, images, rugs and pillows.
- Use rugs to define living areas and to create more comfort in your bedroom
- Consider stainless appliances, steel structure beams and an industrial kitchen island with space for pots, pans and dishes
- Get creative with lighting. Add lamps of any kind and consider hanging light fixtures.
- Sleek and simple furniture with clean lines usually works best.
- Consider wide pieces that lengthen the room horizontally
- Keep pieces “off” the wall. Many of us have a tendency to push furniture against the wall. Place it out in the open.
- Enjoy the process. Loft living is both unique and rewarding.