2017 was an amazing year. Let’s recap some big storylines:
- The US Economy grew, unemployment hit lows in Washington State.
- Women stood up and fought against sexual harassment – brining more attention to a serious problem that the world needs to focus on.
- Australia approved marriage equality.
- Women in Saudi Arabia were granted permission to drive.
- The United States elected a new president
In Seattle Condos:
- Insignia Condos Sold Out
- Nexus condos, Downtown’s first high rise condo project since Insignia Towers, started selling pre-sale units.
- New Seattle condos were announced (Bosa at 3rd and Cherry and a 204 unit building that will incorporate a church)
- In 2017, there was a 43% decrease in condos sold due to the severely limited inventory (939 in 2016, 529 in 2017)
- Here is a list of the 5 most expensive condo sales
- The list of the 5 most expensive rentals
- There were 100 condos in the Downtown Seattle condo market that sold for $1M or more
- Here are a few of the $1M units our team sold last year
- We showed Seattle condo owners how to sell their condo in 5 days
- We launched our YouTube channel!
We think 2018 is going to be another amazing and challenging year for Seattle condos. As you can see above, there were 43% less condos sold in 2017 versus 2018. Some of that has to do with deliveries of new units at Insignia Towers, but the moral of the story is that there too few units available to meet the demand of Seattle buyers. We can only hope that developers will notice how limited supply is and will act quickly in getting projects approved, permitted and under construction.
Here are a few of the videos we produced in 2017. We hope to deliver many more of them this year to keep you entertained and informed on the Seattle condo market and all of the amazing neighborhoods the city has to offer.
5 Most Expensive Condo Sales In 2017
Our UrbanCondoSpaces Trailer:
Penthouse At The Klee In Belltown
Enso Penthouse In Denny Triangle | South Lake Union
5th and Madison Highrise
Our Seattle Buyers Guide