The price of a Seattle condo year over year has soared. We just pulled the statistics for January of this year and it is incredible to see the rate of change in 12 months time. Here are a few key bullet points:
- Median price of a Downtown Seattle condo is up 48% over last year ($451,500 to $668,000)
- Average price per unit saw an increase of 47% since January of 2016
- Sales were up 11% as well
- The average price per foot grew rose 22% year over year to $772.47
We are rolling out new monthly Seattle condo stats that will help our readers and clients evaluate the key points on a month basis (see below). We would love to get your feedback. This is something we always intend to be a free offering. We feel that in order to be the unquestionable Seattle condo experts that we need to provide our data and analysis to those who give back to us as readers, clients, colleagues and friends. We hope you enjoy them and we also hope to earn your business. We love meeting buyers, sellers, and Seattle condo enthusiasts.
Here are couple of interesting storylines from the month January:
- The Madison Tower Penthouse we sold in July 2016 for $4,900,000, sold again late last month for $4,000,000.
- Check out the Insignia Towers Penthouse that sold for $3,125,000 in just 16 days.
- In the last 12 months there have been 33 condo sales over $2,000,000 or more – view for yourself
- Seattle Remains America’s Hottest Real Estate Market, Downtown Condo Values Up Big