The September condo sales in Downtown Seattle are in. We’ve have been pouring over the stats and found that the average cost per unit (sold condos) in Downtown was $950,927. The median price was $842,650. Downtown had a total of 74 sales which was a large decrease from August. This is primarily because there were less sales posted by Insignia Towers. New buyers started moving into the North Tower (583 Bell) the last few months.
We are starting to see listings on the market for longer than previous months. With that said, based upon averages all over the country, Seattle remains a VERY hot seller market. Until we see inventory climb quickly, we believe it will remain a tight market with much competition amongst buyers.
Year over year, the cost per square foot average is up 4%. The average price per condo sold is up 12% from last September.
Interesting storylines for September:
- 11 condos in Downtown Seattle sold for more than the asking price
- This unit at 2200 Westlake sold for 15% more than the asking price
- The least expensive condo sold was $200,205 unit in the International District
- The most expensive condo sold in the month of September was a $7,155,000 unit at The Four Seasons.
- 26 units sold for over a $1,000,000
- 5 units sold for $2,000,000 or more
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.